Join a FREE September League NOW!
You have $300 of fake money to spend on 32 roster spots. All players have a fixed price.
1 corner infielder (1B or 3B)
1 middle infielder (2B or SS)
1 utility player (any offensive position)
9 reserve players, batters and/or pitchers
This is a modified 4x4 Rotisserie game. The categories are:
On base average
Runs Produced (Runs + RBI – HR)
Wins + Quality Starts
Saves + Holds
Team totals will be ranked in each of these categories. Each league's winner will be the team with the highest rank among all categories.
In-season roster management
There will be no free agent access. You'll play out the season with the 32 players you draft.
Intra-roster moves (reserve-to-active and active-to-reserve) can be made twice weekly, Mondays and Fridays by the first pitch of those day’s games. You'll be setting your active roster for each Major League series.
Deadline to enter teams: Sunday, September 1, 9 PM ET
Deadline to finalize first roster: Monday, September 2, 1 PM ET
Opening Day: Monday, September 2
Season ends: Sunday, September 29
INSTRUCTIONS for playing in the September league
ACCOUNT and TEAM SET-UP
1. Click on SIGN-IN at the upper right corner. Everyone will be a new customer at Shandler Park, so click on the “Create an Account” link. Enter all the information requested and then click CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
2. For each team that you want to create, enter a Team Name and click CREATE A TEAM. Each team will then appear below with a link to the roster page.
ENTERING YOUR TEAM
1. To enter a roster, click VIEW TEAM.
2. You may plan out your roster in advance by reviewing this Player Price List (Excel file). Or you can select your players directly online.
3 . Click on a player from the Add Free Agent Hitter or Add Free Agent Pitcher lists at the right. Select whether you want that player to be Active or Reserve, and the position at which you want to slot him. Click SUBMIT. Continue this process for all 32 players.
The only players available in this league are those with some 2013 Major League playing time through August 15. Any player not listed is not available, such as recent call-ups Kolton Wong and Xander Bogaerts, and any potential September promotions.
As you select players, you will see a running listing of your available salary and positions left to fill. Once you have drafted 32 players click SUBMIT MOVES at the top of the page. Your team has now been submitted.
Note that once you begin to construct your roster online, you must fill all spots in order to SUBMIT your team. If you click away before filling all spots, you will have to start over again. Note that you may change your roster as often as you want up until the deadline, but the initial input must be a complete legal roster.
4. To change your roster up until the deadline, follow the instructions above to access your team.
Click on the STATUS drop-down box to release (REL) any players you wish to drop. Then click on the players you wish to add. Then click on SUBMIT MOVES to square up your roster.
The deadline for setting up teams and submitting initial rosters is Sunday, September 1 at 9 PM ET. All rosters will be slotted into 30-team leagues from that 9 PM ET deadline until midnight. Rosters will be unavailable during that time.
The deadline for finalizing your roster for Opening Day is Monday, September 2, at 1 pm ET (there are early games on Labor Day).
MANAGING YOUR TEAM
You may move players from reserve-to-active and active-to-reserve at any time prior to the first pitch of Monday’s and Friday’s games.
1. Open the page with your team roster.
2. Click on the STATUS drop-down box to reserve (RES) any players you wish to de-activate for the coming period. Then click on the STATUS drop-down box to activate (ACT) any players you wish to make active. Then click on SUBMIT MOVES to square up your roster.
These leagues will be free to play. Enter as many teams as you'd like. Invite your friends. There will be no prizes, though. I want you to try out the game because you are intrigued by the concept, not because there's a cash carrot at the end of the month. There will be plenty of carrots -- and other wonderful vegetables -- when we roll these out in 2014.
Also, since this is a test, I would encourage any feedback you have. Suggestions, comments, complaints... send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be logged in to create teams.